We opened as a community primary school in September 2008, catering for children between the ages of 4 and 11 years. There are two classes in each year from Reception to Year 6. We offer a breakfast club from 7:30am each day and an after school club until 5:45pm, during term time
Since April 2015 we have been part of Creative Education Trust. This has enabled the school to rigorously pursue rapid improvement for the children we teach. You can find more information about the Creative Education Trust, the Trustees and financial information here
Our school is well resourced and we strive to provide an inclusive and expansive education for all of the children in our care. Our facilities include;
- A purpose built extension with impressive outdoor learning environments for Nursery, Reception and year 1 children
- A KS2 ICT suite and whole school Chrome books and iPads.
- Touch Screen TVs in every classroom are planned for Spring Term 2019.
- A purpose built, and fully computerized library that opens every lunchtime for all children to access and enjoy.
- A specialist music provision which includes our own designated music room and practice area. Our specialist music Lead provides weekly music lessons to every year group and we offer whole class instrumental teaching opportunities for all our children. We offer Individual or small group peripatetic lessons in woodwind, piano, guitar, violin and drums and lunchtime ukulele clubs. Children have the opportunity to join the KS1 and KS2 choirs and we encourage children to participate in a wide range of musical performances throughout the year.
- specialist rooms for Art and design and technology (including food technology)
- A nurture room where we offer 1:1 support and small nurture group support for vulnerable children who have additional emotional needs.
- We have a large environmental area on the school site with over a mile of nature trails that we frequently use as a teaching resource. The Nursery, Reception and Year 1 children have the opportunity to take part in weekly Bush craft sessions and we aim to introduce Forest Schools to our curriculum in September 2019.
We have an impressive record of sporting achievements at our school. Our children regularly compete at County and National level. This success is achieved through the successful leadership of our PE instructor. All children have two hours of PE each week and we offer a range of extra-curricular sports clubs which are second to none!