Our values and ethos - Woodlands Primary Academy
At Woodlands Primary Academy we believe in providing excellent opportunities for all children, enabling them to challenge themselves and be the best they can be. All children are treated as individuals; there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. Personalising learning is our aim, giving children the education they need and want. Learning is active, hands on, engaging and fun.
We strive for our children to;
- Respect themselves and the community, seeking to have a positive impact on others
- Be polite, calm, caring, honest, trustworthy, inclusive and helpful
- Be responsible, independent and supportive of each other
- Be tolerant, open minded and not prejudiced
- Be determined to have a strong work ethic
- Have good communication skills
- Strive for high achievement and standards
We encourage them to;
- Develop their emotional, spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- Not to be involved in bullying, racism or any forms or harassment
- Achieve outstanding results in all key stages
- Achieve well regardless of their ability, home background, gender or ethnicity
- Understand and respect others feelings, values and beliefs
- Be enterprising and willing to take responsibility
At Woodlands we will;
- Send all our children the clear and sustained message that they are important people and that their contribution is valued highly.
- Provide a stimulating environment where our children feel it is safe to learn and where challenges are relished.
- Develop mutual respect and self-discipline through clear boundaries and high expectations of effort and performance.
- Offer a broad, balanced and enriching creative curriculum for all our children.
- Encourage the physical development of our children through offering opportunities for active and interactive learning.
- Recognise that the purpose of the school is to help a family help a child and that significant learning takes place outside school.
- Provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for parents, governors and staff.